Another hair look – and collection! – that got me giddy from the recent New York Fashion Week was the simple, chic hairstyle that Redken Creative Consultant Guido created for the always-fabulous Victoria Beckham.
For the Victoria Beckham Spring 2013 show he went for a look that was more natural than in past seasons with textured lengths that dried naturally. Insanely wearable, it left the collection to do its thing and was pretty in the extreme.
"The centre part and shine on top creates a strong, even dramatic look on the Victoria Beckham girl today,” said the hair maestro, “but the overall style is still very youthful and American. The style is minimal, yet done - it's very wearable." He wasn’t kidding!
To create the look:
- Create a clean centre part on damp hair.
- Blow dry just the top section of hair to just behind the ear, then spray water on the back to re-dampen and let dry naturally.
- Spray the hairline with Redken Forceful 23 hairspray to smooth & hold.
- Apply Redken Shine Flash 02 glistening mist on the top of head.
- Use lots of Redken powder refresh 01 dry shampoo on the bottom third of hair to get a light fluffy effect.