Anyone that checks in here regularly will know that I’m a huge fan of oils - body oils, hair oils and facials oils - and love the fact that nine times out of ten, they are brilliant multitaskers and can be used on the whole family.
I absolutely love the Dermalogica brands first true foray into oils, which took the form of the very user friendly Precleanse. A plant based cleansing oil that gently liquefies sebum (oil) and other oil-based debris from the skin’s surface, it is designed to give you a professional clean each night before your usual regime, and a very gentle one at that. I’m a huge fan of cleansing oils to keep skin’s natural ph in balance, and have used a fair few in my time. I love that Precleanse goes a step further than most though, as by adding water, the product and any other oil-based debris is readily rinsed away without leaving behind any greasy residue. But that’s another story!
I’m hear to talk about the latest Dermalogica oil release, Phyto Replenish Oil - a next-generation, feather-light facial oil that strengthens and restores the skin’s natural protective barrier. The clever little formula shields against environmental stressors, smooths visible lines, and locks in critical moisture for all-day dewy skin.
Leveraging the best of nature and its many phytoactives to solve dryness and dehydration while reinforcing the skins barrier, Phyto Replenish Oil works in three phases; the first is to strengthen the skin’s natural barrier with camellia and tamanu oils; the second phase is to hydrate with orchid flower and chia seed oils; and the third to create a luminous antioxidant shield against free radical damage using extracts from sunflower, rice bran and rosemary.
Designed to be used daily if you wish, 4-6 drops can either be applied with gentle massaging movements before your moisturiser of choice, or even added to your primer or foundation. Ideal for normal-to-dry skin conditions, it can also be mixed with your moisturiser if you are pressed for time.
Ingredients in new Phyto Replenish Oil include:
• Camellia Japonica – Derived from a small tree native to Korea and Japan, this antioxidant oil strengthens the skin barrier and provides wrinkle-reducing benefits such as stimulating collagen and inhibiting MMPs.
• Tamanu Oil - Extracted from the Ati Tree native to the South Pacific Islands, the phytoactives in this oil are potent antioxidants that inhibit the breakdown of lipid-rich cell membranes caused by free radicals.
• Chia Seed Oil - Provides antioxidant protection and a concentrated delivery of fatty acids that hydrate while soothing dry, itchy skin.
• Orchid Flower Extract - Repairs, protects, and locks in moisture while helping to balance skin’s Natural Moisturising Factor (NMF).
• Hyaluronic Acid - Hydrates while providing antioxidant and anti-irritant properties.
• Sunflower Seed Oil - A rich source of tocopherols (Vitamin E) which are yellow carotenoids providing antioxidant properties, preserving the skin’s barrier and defend against free radicals.
• Rice Bran Oil – Rich in Vitamins B and E, this extract moisturises, protects against UV rays and free radicals, and aids in cellular circulation.
Dermalogica Phyto Replenish Oil, 30ml, RRP $139 is available right now from authorised Dermalogica skin centres and counters nationwide and online from dermalogica.co.nzTweet