With her fair share of brains as well as beauty, TV presenter and fashion journalist Louise Roe is a woman who knows what she wants when it comes to giving good face. Currently fronting the CW’s brand new makeover show, Plain Jane, she is a new cast member of MTV’s The City as well as a regular on E! Entertainment’s red carpet. Born in the UK but based in LA, she is the face of Adidas sportswear and has featured as a guest host or judge on Britain’s Next Top Model, Project Catwalk, Style Network’s How Do I Look, 10 Things I Hate About Me, and Make Me a Supermodel. Louise also pens a bi-monthly column for MSN News, called Front Roe, and has written for Elle, Vogue.com, In Style, Glamour and Cosmopolitan magazine, to name a few. And if that ain’t enough for ya, she is also an honorary fellow at Southampton’s Solent University, and lectures fashion students twice a year.
Pictured here in a very recent shoot, she is sporting some seriously sexy, wearable make up courtesy of UK-based make up artist Michael Ashton, no stranger to the red carpet himself. I asked him for the low down on how to work this look at your next event of note…
* First, prep and prime skin to perfection using Armani Light Master primer through the t-zone and high planes of the face.
* Louise has a flawless complexion, so I used a minimal amount of Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation to contour and give skin the effect of cashmere perfection. Instead of powder I used a mattifying silicon gel to reduce shine where needed.
* Next highlight the under eye area using YSL touche éclat before setting with Laura Mercier brightening powder to help reflect light and give a brightness to the eye area.
* Brows are always so important to complete any make up look, so I used MAC brow set to groom the shape and then filled and extended with Givenchy brow pencil #3.
* Eye shadow is kept to a minimum for this look, with just a subtle highlight on the brow bone using MAC shadow in Shroom, followed by gentle contouring through the socket with Bobbi Brown eye paint in Ballet Pink.
* The real hero of this look is the liner and lashes! Using Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in black, start on the inner corner of the eye and increase the width of liner as you extend towards the outer corner… finishing with a flirty flick.
* To give the eyes a polished yet understated feel, place Eyelure individual lashes along the entire upper lashline before building up lash density with Dior Show-Off mascara in black top and bottom.
* To finish this look, a Haute Hollywood pout is a must! Start by filling in the lip with Chanel Passion, working from the middle of the mouth and creating the desired shaped using a lip brush. Blot off ethe xcess before tidying edges using MAC lipliner in Redd before reapplying another slick of lipstick.
And that’s it! Go to it, people… Tweet